Home Pizza – and kid friendly!
I don’t know about you, but in my home, there is a lot of cooking going on. I really enjoy it because for me I see it as therapy, my time to decompress, to recenter myself after being out all day. Yes, you have guessed it, cooking is another one of my passions. I have to confess that after long days at work, sometimes, I find myself on empty and the creative juices are just not active… No energy flows through those veins of mine and I just want a magic dinner to appear. Of course, the older kids can take the reins and create something quick (I guess I am lucky like that – smile), but when I still want to spend some quality time with them and still get the dinner done in a jiffy, I revert to the quick and easy recipes they can help with and Presto! Quick dinner and time enjoying my kids all rolled up in one! (When the kids are not around, it makes for great appetizers too!)
This is a great one for the middle of the week. Kids are totally in love with the idea of having pizza at any time. I have also included an alternative for the ones who do not prefer the tomato sauce or who just want a little change.
- First start gathering your ingredients:
- Tortillas (corn or flour)
- Pizza sauce
- Pepperoni from the deli
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Or any other topping you would like to add! (remember this is supposed to be easy)
- Place your tortillas on a non-stick cookie sheet and start speading your pizza sauce
- Let the little fingers spread the mozzarella cheese next
- Place the ingredients you have chosen for your topping
- Put on another layer of cheese
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and it is all golden brown.
For a white pizza
- Two 8 oz. cream cheese packages at room temperature
- 16 oz. block of sharp white cheddar grated.
- A dash of cumin
- A dash of salt and pepper
- ½ a large onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
In a food processor or a very sturdy/highend mixer, place the cream cheese and mix until soft.
Add the grated sharp cheddar and mix for one minute. Then add the rest of the ingredients. The mixture can be spread instead of the tomato sauce and add your toppings as mentionned above.
*You can store for two weeks in the refrigerator.
** This spread can be a dip for chips or veggies!